Here you have our list of the best motor-powered kayaks Now, paddling down the river is a pleasant experience, but riding on the most powerful motorized kayak is something else entirely!
If you want the best jet-powered kayak, then you should know that not all products are made to the same standard.
In fact, there are some brands you may want to avoid. As such, we have compiled this motorized kayak buyer’s guide – designed to give you valuable advice on what to check when purchasing the correct kayak for you.
In a hurry? This is our winner!
Best Motorized Kayaks – Comparison Table
Best Motorized Kayaks – Reviews
1. Old Town Predator MK 13 Fishing Kayak
Complete with the Minn-Kota motor, this is our best electric-powered fishing kayak.
The Predator MK is a large motorized kayak for fishing. It can be used for any type of paddling adventure, but it comes with a range of features that make it our best motorized fishing kayak. In fact, the electric motor kayak made it into our fastest kayak for fishing list. Perhaps the best feature of this kayak is the Modular Console System (MCS), which makes it easy to change between three consoles.
It made it into our top sit-on-top fishing kayak list.
- Length – 13’ 2”
- Width – 36”
- Weight – 117.5lb
- Capacity – 600lb
- The Predator MK comes with the Minn-Kota Console as standard, which gives 45lb of electric-powered thrust. This motor gives a silent performance that won’t scare all the fish in a 100m radius!
- With variable speed and forward/reverse controls, you’ll have maximum control of the kayak, and hands free!
- This console has anodized and zinc-coated materials that won’t rust in salt water, while the dual kill-switches keep you safe.
- Comfort is the order of the day with the Predator MK.
- Special mention has to go to the comfortable seat that can be adjusted for fishing, paddling, or standing.
- If you do decide to stand then you’ll love the slip-resistant deck that prevents any accidents.
- No fishing kayak is complete without storage space for your fishing gear and tackle. Fortunately, the Predator MK has dual tackle holders, bungees, a water-tight bow hatch, and the Exo-Ridge tank well. There’s even a storage space under the seat!
2. Wilderness Systems Radar 11.5 Kayak
Suitable for a number of different situations, the Wilderness Radar is a great all-rounder.
The Wilderness Systems Radar is tri-powered kayak that can be moved via paddle, pedal or motor. This allows you to swap between the three and use each option when it makes the most sense.
The Radar 115 is a comfortable motorized kayak too. The main feature in this department is the AirPro MAX seat, which adjusts for multiple seating positions. A wide, sturdy build provides users with plenty of room to stretch or stand.
If you’re a large person then you may want to try the larger Rador 13.5 instead. At 82lb, this is not the lightest motorized kayak, but the multiple carry handles make it manageable to take to and from the car.
- Length – 11’ 6”
- Width – 34.5”
- Weight – 82lb
- Capacity – 450lb
- Another great fact about this kayak is the Wilderness S.M.A.R.T hull system, which stands for Stability, Manoeuvrability, Acceleration, Responsiveness and Tracking. This means that the company have designed this kayak to be used on a variety of different water types and conditions.
- The kayak has plenty of room for accessories, especially in the water-tight centre hatch that is a great place to store essentials you want to keep safe and dry.
- The front SlideTrax accessory system is a great place to store fishing tackle and other small items.
- To make the most of this kayak you will have to fit the Helix PD pedal drive and the Helix motor drive, both of which pop onto the kayak with no trouble at all.
- We would prefer if the kayak had mounted rod holders, but the does have a flat mounting surface for custom accessories.
3. Perception Pescador 12.0 Pilot Kayak
Aha! I can tell you’ve been trying to find a fishing kayak with motor for sale that is best for ponds, flat water lakes, calm coastal waters, and low-current rivers.
Well, you’ve got it right here with the Perception Pescador: The best part is that you can bring along your pet and some beer and it still will handle all that weight. That’s because it is designed to carry as much as 475lbs of load.
Thanks to the storage features of this fishing kayak, you can store virtually anything you want. It comes with open storage at the front and rear, as well as rod holders and consoles.
This vessel has the approval of the US Coast Guard and is made in the United States of America.
So, you have the promise of a kayak that is not only stable but secure. Polyethylene of high density is used to create the hull and that means it is resistant to impact and abrasion. It is also protected against ultraviolet rays. What better kayak to spend your money on?
- Comes with enough storage for all your accessories and fishing equipment
- Your drinks won’t spill because of the well-built drink holder
- Very affordable vessel
- Not recommended for use in waters with high current
4. Classic Accessories Colorado XT Inflatable Pontoon Boat With Transport Wheel & Motor Mount
If you’re thinking about a motorized kayak that comes with a large storage capacity, look no further than the Colorado Inflatable Pontoon Boat.
Apart from its ability to store a lot of things, it is one of the best you can find out there when it comes to the level of comfort that it provides when you get out on an adventure.
It is equipped with drink holders that are insulated, as well as 20 pockets meant for storage. You will also love the integrated anchor system which is ideal whether you are looking to relax or do some active fishing.
The mesh bag is attached to the anchor system and adventurers are guaranteed even more comfort with the padded plastic seat.
Yet another reason to love this vessel is that it comes with double tow rings that are already in place together with double footrests that are designed not to slip.
With the Colorado Pontoon boat, rest assured that you will get better visibility when compared to many other vessels on the market.
- Comes with valves that inflate and deflate quickly
- Adjustable footrests and seat based on the length of your leg
- Equipped with double insulated drink holders
- You can mount the rod holder in 3 positions
5. Hobie Oasis 14 Tandem Kayak
This is one vessel that makes light work of trying to find spots where you can do your fishing. It’s got you covered when you have to venture into unfamiliar territory.
Keep in mind that there is no guarantee of fishing in waters that are always calm and devoid of winds. And that’s why you have the sail mount feature in the Oasis 14.
This feature helps you to handle even very windy situations by easily maneuvering your kayak. It is also built to contain two adventurers at a time.
You can count on the Hobie Oasis 14 that comes with a pedal kayak drive system MirageDrive 180 which is also reversible.
Just like you will find with any Hobie motorized kayak, polyethylene material is used to construct the hull of the kayak and that guarantees a high level of stability and durability.
This pedal kayak gives you the ability to reverse or forward the waters without much stress.
- Equipped with rudder control
- It comes with the sail mount feature
- Can carry up to two persons at once
- Doesn’t come with a rod holder
6. Waterblade Motorized Electric Sup
What you have here is a very stable motorized kayak that can hold up to two adventurers who could decide to sit or stand depending on their preferences. Inside a water-resistant box, you will find the lithium battery that powers the vessel.
This is actually a fishing kayak with a motor that allows you to enjoy your movement on the water totally hands-free at the speed of 5 miles every hour.
Apart from being equipped with an integrated electric motor, drop-stitch material of premium quality is used to create the hull. You’ll also find that an extra PVC layer is used to cover it afterward to increase its durability and sturdiness.
This motorized inflatable kayak doesn’t also require too much space to store it.
You can keep it in your garage after deflating and folding it. it only requires a few minutes to either disassemble or assemble. Additionally, you will benefit from the air pump that is also included in the package.
One feature that I like in particular which makes me see the Waterblade Motorized Electric Sup as one of the best motorized kayaks on the market is that it comes with Bluetooth speakers that are resistant to water.
What better way to catch more fun than blasting out your favorite songs while doing what you love?
- It can be inflated or deflated
- Equipped with Bluetooth speakers that have water resistance
- Premium quality material construction
- Doesn’t come with as many accessories as typical kayaks do
7. Fissot 1-Person Plastic Motorized Kayak
This is an incredible vessel that is built to carry a single adventurer at a time. Fissot created this 552-pound kayak which is actually a vessel with large carrying capacity.
If you ever wanted a stand up fishing kayak with motor, you’ve got it covered with the Fissot plastic kayak.
The manufacturer has created this fishing kayak to give you great balance by designing a grab bar that allows you to lean on it while standing.
The kayak also comes with a built-in stool that you cannot remove or adjust. Additionally, this built-in stool doesn’t provide any form of support to the arm or back.
The buoyancy of this vessel receives enhancement from the retractable stabilizers. This helps improve stability as you ride while standing up.
The Fissot kayak doesn’t come with any other storage pockets or consoles but if you look to its side, you’ll find that it is equipped with just one rod holder.
If you need something to help you keep your personal effects and clothes safe, make use of the hatch to store and seal them.
The hatch is water-resistant and will put your mind at rest so you don’t worry about them.
- Comes with a sealed storage space
- Gives you stability by providing stand-up support
- Equipped with a rod holder
- Has a built-in stool
- A plastic material kayak may be too expensive at this price point
8. ClearYup See Through Electric Kayak
Want to see more as you speed along the water? This is the one for you.
Here we have a clear motorized kayak. Yep – that’s about as strange as it gets really. In fact, the ClearYup is our best motorized kayak with clear bottom. You can also view our other clear kayaks.
The innovative design is made from a durable polycarbonate material that is fully-transparent, allowing you to see through the boat and into the water.
This clear electric kayak comes ready with a powerful 12v electric motor that allows the kayak to pick up a good amount of speed over the water. If you want to do a bit of traditional kayaking then you can make use of the large paddles that come free with the kayak. These paddles can also be used in an emergency situation.
- Length – 10’ 3”
- Width – 2.92’
- Weight – 62lbs
- Capacity – 440lbs
- The kayak can take more abuse than you think – it can be used in lakes, rivers, and even oceans.
9. MAcraft Power Ski Kayak
Able to go 24.9mph, the MAcraft is one of the fastest kayaks with a motor on the market.
There’s power, then there’s the MAcraft Power Ski Kayak! The other kayaks in this review kayaks that use trolling motors. MAcraft offer an insanely fast jet-powered kayak that is capable of reaching speeds up to 24.9mph. If you want to know the specifics, the kayak has a four-stroke, 152cc, 20-horsepower gas engine.
Only one person can use this motorized kayak from MACraft, what you have here is a vessel that can attain up to 55 km of speed every hour.
This one will get you to your location of choice quicker and that’s even more guaranteed because of the features of the four-stroke vessel powered by gasoline.
If you are just looking to find great places to fish and want to do more exploration, this jet kayak is a perfect option. Keep in mind that you won’t receive any rod holders or accessories for fishing when you buy the reversal. But it comes with a promise of a speedy and fun ride.
Weighing about 100 kg, fiberglass material is utilized in creating the cockpit and hull. So, you can count on this motorized kayak to be resistant to impact and also tough.
We know it can travel insanely-fast at top speeds, but you don’t have to go as fast as possible. This kayak would be advantageous for getting to locations quicker, like getting to your chosen fishing spot. With a fuel capacity of 10L and a consumption rate of 3L per hour, you can enjoy all-day kayaking fun.
- Fuel capacity – 10L
- Fuel consumption – 3lph
- Capacity – 220lb
- The gasoline-powered kayak is essentially a one-person speedboat! As such, the price will come as no surprise; it is not the cheapest on the market.
- Made of fiberglass material which is very durable
- Helps you explore wider areas because of its jet-powered design
- Not recommended for those who are not experienced. This is a lot of power to handle and could be dangerous in the wrong hands. With that said, this is the fastest motorized kayak on the market.
10. Waterblade Motorized Electric SUP (Camouflage)
Let’s talk about this amazing product from Waterblade which happens to be one of its best sellers. It is a great choice if you are looking to do your fishing with your partner in the kayak.
This Motorized Electric Sup can carry up to two passengers and would make a perfect gift for any couple that likes to go fishing.
The Waterblade Motorized Electric Sup comes with some interesting accessories such as a waterproof bag for your cell phone, a beach chair, a paddle repair kit, PVC patches, an air pump, and more.
This motorized kayak is created using drop-stitch and solid PVC measuring up to 6 inches. But keep in mind that you will have to buy the cooler separately. Apart from being motorized, it is a perfect vessel for saltwater and freshwater fishing lovers. You can inflate or fold it and it measures 42 inches x 132 inches.
Excluding the weight of the battery and motor, this vessel can carry up to 320 lbs of weight.
That means you can carry all your fishing gear and an extra person comfortably. You’ll also be able to use the three reverse and five forward speeds available to you from this 696W 12V motor.
It’s also equipped with a battery box that is water-resistant, as well as an adjustable rod holder. The head controller allows you to adjust it so that you can tilt it vertically if you so wish.
- Three reverse and five forward speeds
- Water-resistant battery box
- You can adjust the fishing rod holder
- Doesn’t have a high weight capacity
Best Motorized Kayaks – Buyers Guide
Motorized vs. Pedal Drive Kayaks
Now that you’re thinking about buying a fishing kayak with motor for sale, you are wondering whether to buy a motorized kayak or a pedal kayak. If you have a problem deciding what to go with because you do not know how they differ from each other, I will explain it to you in this section.
Both are much modern kayak designs and function a lot differently than your traditional fishing kayak which works with a paddle.
Thanks to science and innovation, pedal kayaks and motorized kayaks have disrupted the fishing industry and made the process far easier and more effective.
That’s because they both offer you the benefit of reduced stress and fatigue, the ability to propel your vessel hands-free, and the advantage that comes with speed. But which of them should you go with when considering their designs?
You’ll be better off with the motorized kayak if you are considering how much you have to exert yourself and speed. This vessel enhances your distance coverage without you having to break a sweat. You can also take in your environment while cruising regardless of what fishing location you find yourself.
That’s not to say pedal kayaks are not useful in this situation but you still need to exert yourself a bit to achieve propulsion.
This eventually puts some level of stress on your back and legs. That’s why I recommend going with a vessel that comes with an adjustable seat and promises a high level of comfort if you decide to go with a pedal drive kayak. That’s because reclining the padded seat helps to relieve back tension.
On the flip side, pedal kayaks tend to be stealthier when compared to a vessel with a trolling motor. Something like a clearyup electric kayak makes it easy for the fish to acknowledge your presence and this scares them off.
You should also know that any of these vessels can become tangled once you get in shallow water bodies.
That’s why some manufacturers also give you a paddle when you buy their products.
Even if you don’t receive one from your preferred manufacturer, make sure that you have one with you when you go on a cruise. This can be a saver if you get into difficult situations.
How To Choose A Motorized Kayak
- Budget – Never purchase anything without working with a budget. You know how expensive it can be to buy a motorized fishing kayak. If you are just getting into the game, I recommend going with something less expensive. But don’t compromise on the features that really appeal to you.Very expensive kayaks are not the most user-friendly because they are beautiful more experienced adventurers. So, consider the price and your level of experience before splashing out the cash.
- Storage – This is one common problem with many kayaks because storage isn’t always sufficient. That’s why you should consider buying something like a dirtbag if you think you could do with some more space.But I advise that you made this decision based on what kind of adventure you are looking to get.Adventurers that like to spend so many hours on the water will require a lot of storage options. But if that isn’t the case, just going with limited gear can do the job and you won’t need too many storage options.So, take some time to decide what your needs are because this will help you decide how much storage is necessary. The best motorized kayaks usually offer a hatch that is resistant to water so that you can keep some of your personal effects safe while catching fun.
- Ease of entry/exit – What kind of kayak do you want? Is it one that allows you to sit on top or sit in?Knowing what you want will determine how easy it is for your kayak to exit and enter. A kayak that allows you to sit on top is usually a more efficient choice when it comes to ease-of-use. That’s because your movement is not restricted in any way.But a lot of people tend to think that this isn’t safe and prefer something that allows them to sit in. However, when considering what is preferable regarding motorized fishing kayaks, the sit-in or sit-on-top both come with different qualities and will still give you so much fun when you get out on the water.
- Size – You want to consider the size when looking for the best motorized fishing kayak for sale. Don’t forget to look for the right trolling motor that suits your preferences as well. If your kayak can support a boat outdoor motor, you could consider that.You want to think about how many people you intend to use the kayak before buying. If your plan is to go kayak fishing with a friend or as a couple, you should buy something larger than the regular.Another thing to keep in mind is that agility and stability are also impacted by the size of your preferred kayak. You’ll get more stability from a larger product and that’s why I recommend that rookies go for something large when starting out.
Best Motorized Kayak FAQs
What are the best-rated motorized kayaks?
- Old Town Predator MK Fishing Kayak with Motor
- Wilderness Systems Radar 115
- Perception Pescador 12.0 Pilot Kayak
- Colorado XT Inflatable Pontoon Boat
- Hobie Oasis 14 Tandem Kayak
- Waterblade Motorized Electric Sup
Which is better: sit in or sit on motorized-kayak?
Sit-in motorized kayak designs tend to have a low center of gravity when compared to the design of a sit-on-top kayak.
This gives you much more stability and allows you to turn more efficiently by leaning on the side. You’ll also be able to stay upright no matter how rough the sea gets when paddling.
Do motorized kayaks flip easily?
While a lot of people believe that these vessels can flip over with ease, you’ll be surprised to find out how stable and agile motorized kayaks are. It is highly unlikely that your kayak will flip over.
Are motorized kayaks worth it?
When compared to a traditional fishing boat, it is interesting to note that motorized kayaks are not as expensive nowadays and also more portable.
They offer more stability in contrast with canoes. The industry has never had more manufacturers than today because of how easy it is to utilize these vessels in smaller water bodies.
What’s the difference between cheap and expensive motorized kayaks?
There is so much that differentiates expensive motorized kayaks from the cheaper ones. They offer a higher level of comfort which is something you don’t want to overlook when buying a kayak with a motor. Another thing about expensive motor-driven kayaks is that they usually come with many more features, better build-quality and peace of mind – all giving you a better experience.
If you are planning to go out on the water and enjoy the hours you spend, nothing offers you more thrill like a kayak. And you can take it to the next level by looking for one of the best motorized kayaks.
That’s why I created this guide and reviewed some of the most recommended products on the market to help you make an easier buying decision.
No matter what, always ensure that you go for something that meets your needs by offering you adequate power, storage options, and premium features. Study each product and check out their pros and cons before deciding what motorized kayak to buy.